Our client manages vital transport infrastructure. They operate a rail freight network that stretches more than five thousand kilometres across Western Australia. From the diverse Midwest across to the fascinating Goldfields and Yilgarn regions and through the stunning South West and Great Southern, the network they manage connects local businesses and industries with eastern states and overseas markets. They deliver WA products to the rest of the world - 24 hours a day, seven days a week - by joining the dots between people, products and ports.
They are looking for an experienced Signalling Engineer to join their Engineering Team in Perth Airport Office on 3+ years fixed term contract.
In this role you will play a key part in the engineering team providing support for the operation and maintenance of assets by:
* Undertaking planning, estimates, studies, design and testing and commissioning.
* Ensuring compliance of project works to laid out design principles, standards and specifications, practices and regulatory requirements;
* Providing project management support and/or coordinate assigned projects;
* Developing and reviewing technical plans, specifications, procedures, standards, codes of practice and tender documentation;
* Assisting in setting Operational and Maintenance procedures;
* Preparing scope of briefs for work to be carried out by contractors and or consultants.
* A degree qualification in Electrical Engineering or equivalent;
* Solid relevant experience in railway signalling;
* Sound knowledge of signalling design principles and standards;
* Experience with both relay and electronic interlocking design, ideally Microlok ;
* Solid knowledge of current trends/issues in signalling system design;
* Strong technical analysis and problem solving skills.