Our client is a global heavy industry company covering a wide range of business sectors, from railway through to defense, plant, machinery and the environment.
Their Railway Division supplies various types of vehicles including EMUs, high speed trains, LRVs, DMUs, locomotives, passenger coaches and freight trains, not only domestically but also to 35 countries across the world.
Their Railway R&D Center plans to establish an in-house design team to create a unique brand and innovative designs for all our rail vehicle business and are looking for an experienced chief designer (industrial design) a to join the team in Uiwang-city, South Korea.
Roles & Responsibilities :
- Lead entire industrial design development from bid to implementation design via suppliers (service agencies).
- Co-ordination of both internal engineers and external clients to achieve final design confirmation.
- Communicates (Reporting) with senior management, Creation and presentation of proposals to clients.
- Develop value propositions and identify opportunities with a strategy for rail vehicle design.
- Planning and communicating the vision of the company.
- Fostering the capabilities of the team members to an international level.
- Mentoring of Junior designers and Assistant Designers on assigned tasks.
- Brand generation and application.
- Bachelor's degree minimum and/ or high level experience in the field of industrial design within the railway industry or automotive industry. (Minimum 15 years rail vehicle design experience with evidence of exceptional ability, preferred)
- Ability to engage and build positive relationships with customer, employees and suppliers (service agencies).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, problem solving and solution building skills.
- Experience of cross-functional knowledge with regards to vehicle integration and material selection for Manufacture & Assembly.
- Sensitivity to CMF and future trends in design and aesthetic preferences across different market segments.