Health & Safety
Our client is looking for a Malaysian candidate to take on the management of safety, security, health and environment, traffic, CLQ matters for the design,construction, testing and commissioning of a LRT3 system in Malaysia.
Duties and responsibilities are
- In conjunction with the advisory task to Project Director, develop and implement the overall objectives and strategies for traffic, security, safety, health and environmental on the LRT3 project in compliance to the general, technical and operational requirements and standards of the Contract.
- Develop and implement the relevant Management Plans, Standard Operating Procedures, Permits, Programmes and High-Risk Control Documents for all internal and external parties to ensure that all activities can be accomplished in a timely, safely and cost-effective manner throughout the project life cycle.
- Organize and manage all relevant activities involving Client, Stakeholders, PDCs, DDCs and sub-contractors and ensure the SSHE requirements are clearly defined and fully incorporated into the designs and fulfilled during construction in compliance to the Contract.
- Ensure relevant integrated SSHE standards meets or exceeds the technical and operational requirements and standards of the Contract.
- Ensure that the SSHE requirements are complied, monitored, managed, tracked and controlled throughout the project life cycle.
- Ensure that impact analysis for the SSHE requirements due to design or construction change and to advise on the impact
analysis for the changes to the Project management for decision making.
- Manage SSHE resolution processes and ensure that all conflicts are addressed and resolved in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Produce regular reporting on SSHE activities.
- Support contractual, planning and risk functions.
- Provide leadership role, manage and ensure statutory compliances and established work procedures in respect of security, safety, health and environmental (SSHE) matters for the LRT3 are met and or exceeded
- Manage up to 10 infrastructural works packages contractors and up to 8 system works packages contractors
- Lead and manage up to 60 direct SSHE personnel, supported by 4 senior managers
- Identify, implement and drive all SHE initiatives to achieve objectives of the LRT3 project in regards to delivering works in a safe manner
1. Degree in Safety, OSHA or equivalent with minimum 20 years practical experience on safety and have successfully delivered a railway project/large infra project in the last 10 years.
2. A very senior and experienced candidate - someone who has strong leadership and drive to ensure that the Safety initiatives for the LRT3 project is implemented and enforced without fear or favors
3. Ability to demonstrate his technical knowledge and effectiveness in leading Safety initiatives with outstanding results
4. Strong Stakeholder Management skills as the role will require him to interact with all Stakeholder including Client, Contractors, Authorities and public
5. Experienced in leading a big group of Safety personnel (Senior Manager, Manager, Safety & Health Officer, Safety Site Supervisors)
6. Must have Malaysian passport