Our client is seeking a Telecommunication cum F-SCADA Manager to cover all aspects of Telecommunications implementation from inception design through to detailed design, C&I design, procurement, installation and Test and Commissioning to form part of the overall Project Engineering Organization.
Project Scope: Design & Construction Project for all E&M System (Rolling Stock, Signaling, Telecommunication, Power Supply, OCS, Track work, PSD, AFC, Depot & Workshop Equipment, F-SCADA, Signage & Graphics) for New MRT Line-1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
The Telecommunications Manager will have overall responsibility for all aspects of the delivery of the Telecommunications Systems including:
o Installation supported by the C&I organization
o Test and Commissioning supported by the Test & Commissioning Organization
o External Interfaces with Client, Civil Contractors and Sub Contractors
o Internal Interfaces with adjacent Sub Systems, Functional Organizations and associated project support organizations
o Delivery of Employer requirements and Verification
o Delivery to the Project Schedule
o Project Reporting as required by the Project Manager.
The candidate will report to the Project Manager.
* Responsible for all aspects of the design and installation documentation for the Telecommunications Systems in the Tunnel, the Elevated Sections and the Depot facilities to include but not be limited to:
- Data Transmission Network and Fibre Optic Backbone
- Radio Systems
- CCTV Systems
- PA Systems
- SCADA Systems, Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition
- Systems Integration Design
* Responsible for all aspects of the Telecommunications Systems concerning:
* civil interface design and installation coordination
* Cable and equipment specification and procurement approvals
* Temporary works design and implementation
* Permanent works design and implementation
* Resolution of installation interface issues between adjacent contracts CP1a, CP1b, CP2
* Resolution of installation interface issues between systems teams and subcontractors.
* Ensure that site safety processes are implemented in accordance with the HSE Manager requirements
* Provide weekly status reports to Project Management on work done, work planned and critical issues in accordance with the Management Reporting Process
* Assist in the verification process of Telecommunications Systems requirements to the satisfaction of the Client.
* Review and approval of subcontractor engineering design documentation and drawings prior to submission to the Client
* Review and approval of subcontractor construction and installation documentation and drawings prior to submission to the Client
* Facilitate and expedite the closure of open subcontractor design and interface issues
* Assist in the implementation of design gate reviews of subcontractor submissions and verifying pass criteria have been fully met
* Assist in assuring project engineering processes are implemented and complied with
* Review and implementation of the Quality and System Assurance
* Take part in project team meetings and prepare minutes as required.
* Take part in Gate Reviews and be responsible for presentation of status of Telecommunications Systems to the Design Review Panel as required
* Responsible for the resolution of all Design Interface Issues and Critical Issues
* Ensure correspondence between Client and subcontractors is managed in a timely manner
* Work in conjunction with the Test and Commissioning Team as required
* Ensuring all company safety, quality, environmental, commercial and project management procedures are followed as relevant to tasks undertaken.
* Interact and interface with subsystem teams, subcontractors, adjacent contractors, the Employer, the Employer"s Representative and any third parties for the execution of the project as necessary.
* Any miscellaneous tasks instructed by the Project Manager / Deputy Project Manager
/ Director of Project Engineering
1) Years of Experience:
a) Total Year of Experience in railway projects: 10 years minimum
b) Experience as Telecommunications Manager for E&M systems in Railway Projects: 10 years minimum
2) Certificate of Graduation (Engineering majors) minimum
3) Fluent in English
4) Solid knowledge & experience in Engineering Design, Management and Project Life Cycle for overall E&M Systems of railways
5) Familiarity with site installation activities
6) Experienced in managing a Telecommunication Design Team and Site Installation Team in a railway environment
7) Experienced in managing all aspects of project delivery and with a good understanding of commercial impacts and management of change.
8) Technical background in Electrical Engineering, Operating Control Systems, Network System Configuration and Programmable Logic Controller
9) Proficiency in technical writing and engineering design
10) Rail engineering background and experience.
11) Chartered Engineer or equivalent
12) Familiarity with International Engineering Standards including IEC and EN - familiarity with Japanese standards desirable.
13) Strong inter-personal, communications and customer service skills.
14) Ability to multi-task, prioritize tasks and quickly adjust to rapid changing environment
15) Effective and proven organizational skills to meet multiple deadlines and handle multiple tasks in a high pressure and demanding work environment