Our client is seeking a Senior Maintenance Depot and Workshop Engineer to assist with activities on the Railway Project (E&M System) Project Management Staff New Mass Transit Railway (MTR) Construction Project, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
* Manage and support the Coordination work between Depot Manager and other Depot Engineers during the different project stages up to, but not limited to, completion.
* Manage and support the Coordination between the Technical Manager, Subsystem Managers, Engineers, and other departments within the Project Office.
* Write and submit project documents necessary to gain acceptance for Depot Equipment, Design, Construction, Installation Test, Maintenance and Training
* Responsibilities include DWE coordination between the Employers representative (NJPT) and the end-user (MAUR) Management Authority for Urban Railway to gain acceptance of project documents and for stages of installation, test and commissioning and up to handover.
* Work with the Subsystem Managers and Engineers to create and obtain timely approval of Critical Project Documents (Such as but not limited to O&M manuals, training plans, C&I documents etc.) required by the contract specifications or client.
* Creating plans and prioritizing works to deliver the project documents accurately and on time.
* Monitor Depot design interface and record progress against project plan, creating improvement plans where deviation from project plan occurs.
* Track and report on project activities (incl. Depot design, C and I submissions), tasks and provide progress reports as required to ensure DWE works are in line with the project plan.
* Identify any issues and/ or changes in the scope of work to determine if there is an opportunity or need to submit a Change Order Request to the client.
* Manage and coordinate the delivery of project activities and project performance.
* Submit invoices and collect payments from the customer as necessary and in coordination with the commercial/logistics and purchasing teams.
* May be required to undertake and perform other relevant tasks and duties as is required during difference phases of the project
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
* Shall have a technical background involved with Mechanical/Electrical Maintenance / Repair service and Processing Equipment. Applicant having working knowledge about Railway or Transport Depot & Workshop equipment and installation is preferable.
* Strong interpersonal, communication and customer service skills.
* Experience in creating and submitting Technical documents to gain client approval such as Technical design documents, test document, method statements for installation and training.
* Computer skills are required with proven proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) and preferably AutoCAD.
* Ability to plan and manage to a meet a project schedule.
* Effective at motivating people and maintaining effective relationships with clients, owners and consultant.
* Ability to multi-task, prioritize tasks and quickly adjust in a rapidly changing environment.
* Proven organizational skills to meet multiple deadlines and handle multiple tasks in a high pressure and demanding work environment.
* Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
* Demonstrate ability to perform maturely and professionally ensuring complete confidentiality of sensitive and confidential information.
* Demonstrate the ability to think critically, act logically to evaluate situations, solve problems, and make decisions.
a) Total Year of Experience ; 15 years
b) Experience in similar environment, projects ; 5 years
2) University Degree in appropriate discipline, Mechanical, Production Engineering or sufficient proven relevant equivalent experience
3) Certificate of English (such as TOIEC) if mother language is not English.